Our company is committed to reducing our carbon footprint, improving recycling, reducing reliance on packaging, minimising waste, and improving efficiencies on finite natural resources in our company’s operations and departments.
Our environmental commitments are an integral part of the day to day activities and are clearly communicated to all employees. We are committed to a policy of continuous review of the effects of our activities upon the environment, with a view to improving our practices.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring that they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the considered selection and use of our fleet and the source of power requirement.
- Active promotion of recycling internally and with our suppliers.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Wherever possible procurement of recycled and environmentally safe products from suppliers who are also committed to demonstrating a supply chain from sustainable sources with minimal environmental impact will be considered for approval.
- To implement a training program for all staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
Equality & Diversity:
We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
All employees have a responsibility for implementing this Policy in all of their activities. They should set a good example to employees and other persons in promoting equal opportunities in the Company.
All of our staff who deal with information from databases to personnel records are made aware of the legislation surrounding data protection. Our employees and customer’s confidentiality is of paramount importance to us and we are pro-active in taking steps to ensure that this is never compromised.
Our business premises itself is also protected and is covered with security cameras, surveillance and 24-hour monitoring which ensures that our premises is secure and our information is protected.